1. Drink Lemon Water to Lose Belly Fat
You need to detoxify your liver because a stressed liver cannot metabolize fat effectively and which gets deposited around your waistline. Lemon water excellently increases enzymes that detoxify your liver so that it may carry out its basic functions efficiently.
• Lemon- 1
• Water (warm preferred)- 1 glass
• After you get up in the morning, take the lemon and squeeze out its juice into the water.
• While warm water is good to make lemon water for fat burning purpose, you can also use water at room temperature. This won’t stop lemon doing its job.
• Mix well and drink this lemon water on an empty stomach everyday in the morning.
• Do not eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes after you have your regular lemon water every morning.
2. Drink Cranberry Juice to Lose Belly Fat
Cranberries are a rich source of organic acids like malic acid, citric acid, and quinic acid that function as digestive enzymes. These acids act as emulsifying agents on stubborn fat deposits in your lymphatic system which transports all the waste products that your liver cannot process. Cranberry juice digests these lymphatic wastes and help you reduce fat. So, drink 100 percent cranberry juice (unsweetened) or cran-water.
• Unsweetened cranberry juice- 8 oz. Or 1 cup
• Water- 56 oz. Or 7 cup
• In the morning, mix cranberry juice with water to get your day’s supply of cran-water.
• Have one cup of this cran-water at a time through out the day.
• You may have a cup each before breakfast and lunch, after dinner, and at other times of the day.
• You may also make this cran-water just before you have it. Just mix 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice to 7 oz. (a little less than a cup) of plain water.
3. Have Fish Oil or Fish to Lose Belly Fat
Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acids in it. Omega 3 acids such as icosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid and linolenic acid help in breaking down fat while reducing fat storage around your waistline. If you can’t take fish oil, have fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
• Have 6 g of fish oil daily. 6 g roughly equals a generously filled tablespoon which is on the verge of overflowing.
• Alternatively, you may have such fish as salmon or mackerel two times a week. Tuna and halibut are also high on omega-3.
4. Eat Chia Seeds to Lose Belly Fat
If you are a vegan and cannot have fish to get your day’s dose of omega 3 fatty acids, you can eat chia seeds that are equally high on omega-3 and are best plant based source of omega 3 acids. However, your body needs to work a little to convert the alpha- linolenic acid in these seeds into DHA or EPA that directly comes from fish oil. Apart from omega 3 acids, chia seeds are good source of antioxidants, calcium, iron and dietary fiber which helps you feel fuller for longer. The diet book, ‘The Aztec Diet’ suggests having 4-8 tbsp (1-2 oz or 30-60 g) of chia seeds during a day to keep you less hungry and prevent you from overeating. However, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds too is a good amount to include in your daily diet
How to eat chia seeds?
1. Add chia seeds to your smoothies, salads and yogurt.
2. Add them to your breakfast cereal.
3. Use chia seeds as a thickening agent for soups and gravies.
5. Have Ginger Tea to Lose Belly fat
You know that ginger is a natural digestive aid but did you know that ginger is a thermogenic? Thermogenic agents increase body temperature thus helping burn fat more effectively. Your belly fat may be due to one of the various reasons like overeating, age-related reduction of hormone, lack of exercise or stress. Ginger can practically solve each of these issues. Ginger is also said to suppress cortisol production. Cortisol is a steroid hormone essential for energy regulation and mobilization. So, have ginger tea daily to aid your efforts of losing belly fat.
How to make ginger lemon honey tea?
• Water- 4 cups
• Ginger (peeled and sliced)- 1-2 inch piece
• Lemon- 1
• Honey- 1 tbsp
• Boil the water.
• Add ginger to the hot water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
• Remove from the stove and add lemon juice and honey to this.
• Mix well and have a cup of this ginger tea in the morning.
• To regulate your metabolism, stimulate your digestion and reduce your cortisol production, have at least 2 cups of ginger tea throughout the day.
6. Herbs Infused Water to Lose Belly Fat
There are many herbs in your kitchen that you don’t even call herbs. You use them daily in your cooking or in salads etc. but you are unaware of there effects on your body fat. Some of such herbs include ginger, mint, and cucumber. These herbs when combined with the excellent fat burner lemon can do wonders to get you rid of belly fat. Consisting of water and dietary fiber, cucumber is a great food to lose belly fat. It cleanse your body from deep within and help you lose weight.
• Water- 2 liters
• Cucumber (sliced)- 1 medium
• Ginger (grated or pressed)- 1 tsp if grated; 1-2 inch piece if pressed
• Lemon (sliced)- 1
• Mint leaves- 10-12 sprigs
• Soak all the ingredients in water overnight.
• Once they are infused for the whole night, drink this water throughout the day.
7. Have Cinnamon to Lose Belly Fat
Thus cinnamon makes you burn your fat. So, include 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon to your daily diet in order to increase your metabolism. Take ground cinnamon and not the cinnamon bark oil which may lead to ulcers, mouth sores and mouth burning when consumed. Cinnamon is one spice that you can cook with any food.
Ways to have cinnamon to loose belly fat
• Sprinkle a tsp of cinnamon on top of your beverages like tea, coffee or even milk.
• Add cinnamon on top of your toast, muffin etc.
• Add cinnamon powder to your breakfast cereal.
• Sprinkle it on your salad, dips, and sauces.