People today use clay for multi-purposes such as pottery making, construction products, and in cosmetics. However, we should definitely not overlook the therapeutic value of this elemental substance.
Clay works both topically and internally to help detox and purify. If you desire fresh, clear and vital skin, here are some reasons why bentonite clay face mask should be your choice!
1. Clay effectively unclogs the skin pores and also shrinks them
2. Clay drags out the toxins from the skin
3. Clay helps control the excessive production of sebum
4. Clay makes your skin softer
5. Clay exfoliates
6. Clay gives a natural glow to your face
7. Clay reduces the scar appearance
8. Clay works well for all types of skin
9. Clay is beneficial for regeneration of the skin tissue
10. Clay can be used instead of toxic face powder
11. Clay provides an even skin tone
Other uses of bentonite clay
Besides that bentonite clay is safe and efficient for a variety of skin conditions, it can also promote overall health and wellbeing in the following ways:
Put about ¼ cup of clay in your bath water along with a few drops of lavender essential oil. This detoxifying bath will leave your skin refreshed and smooth.
Mix some clay with your regular toothpaste. This mix will help remove the toxins from your oral cavity. You can also mix ½ teaspoon of clay in a 1/4 cup of water and use it as a mouthwash to clean impurities.
Clay can be used to soothe the soreness and inflammation of a rash in babies. You can also make a healing mask of clay and water to apply it on the sore area.
Clay can give a relief to pregnant women who experience morning sickness. Just mix ½ teaspoon of clay in some water and drink it.
Caution: Before using the clay you should first test it on some less sensitive spots of your body to see if you have an allergic reaction.