HEMORRHOIDS are the result of inflamed, swollen veins in your rectum and anus, that can form either internally or externally. More often than not, this unpleasant issue is a result of straining to have a bowel movement, and is especially experienced by those suffering from constipation, the elderly, and pregnant women.
Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids
The most common symptom for hemorrhoids is the presence of blood. If the hemorrhoid is internal, then the blood will be bright red and will be most noticeable on toilet paper. If external, you could experience a blood clot around your anus or swelling. Overall, common symptoms include:
- Blood clots or lumps around the anus
- Anal pain
6 Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Using apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural treatments for hemorrhoids. Simply soak a cotton ball or some toilet paper with ACV and apply it to the hemorrhoid area. Repeat this process until the inflammation disappears and symptoms resolve.
- Coconut Oil– Apply coconut oil directly to hemorrhoids, rinse and repeat. In addition to symptoms subsiding, the hemorrhoids should disappear over the course of just a few days.
- Witch Hazel– An astringent and healing tree, witch hazel is one of the oldest known natural remedies for hemorrhoids. Just soak a pad or cotton ball with witch hazel and apply it to the area.
- Aloe Vera– As with the above treatments, simply apply aloe vera to the affected area to relieve symptoms.
- Squat, Don’t Sit– This is actually heavily important and very overlooked. Conventional toilets are highly unnatural, and may be one reason hemorrhoids are rarely seen in less developed countries, where where squatting is done when going to the bathroom. Sitting down to pass a bowel movement puts tremendous strain on the rectum while squatting straightens the rectum and relaxes the puborectalis muscle. This is tip should be done along with any home remedies for hemorrhoids you may use.
Follow these essential hemorrhoid prevention tips and you may not even have to delve into any hemorrhoid treatments.
- Exercise and Lose Weight– Being overweight or obese, along with being highly inactive, is the perfect path for a complete decline in health. If you aren’t a healthy weight and aren’t moving, your organs and internal system as a whole becomes sluggish and works at low levels. Start exercising and losing weight to fix the problem and keep your digestive tract working.
- Up Fiber Intake: Eat Plenty of Vegetables, Fruit – Seeing as hemorrhoids result from constipation and straining. Fiber helps soften stools and is essential for colon health and digestive health as a whole. This nutrient helps to clean out the gastrointestinal system, preventing constipation and allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency. Include vegetables of all kinds, flax seeds, almonds, pecans, pistachios, prunes, pears, and beans in your diet while trying the other home remedies for hemorrhoids.
- Take Probiotics and Consume Probiotic-Rich Foods– Probiotics are essential for balancing the bacteria in your gut, which can prevent constipation and absolutely promotes overall health.
- Hydrate– Staying hydrated with water seems to be the number one recommendation for almost any health ailment. Water helps cleanse your internal system and hydrates your entire body.